LAST UPDATED: APRIL 26, 2012
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit card information
- Forever Lovers Club account information, if you are a member
We may collect other information, such as the name of your spouse or significant other; your travel interests and preferences; date of birth, anniversary, or other special occasion; information necessary to fulfill special requests; and preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide such information to us.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information:
- To complete and fulfill services you have requested, such as a making a reservation, processing your payments, communicating with you regarding your reservation and stay, ensuring that you have a successful stay; and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, the Forever Lovers Club, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products, services, and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as market research, data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We may combine the Personal Information we receive from you with information we receive about you from other sources.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to enable them to provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, and auditing.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Server log files
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
HOW WE COLLECT OTHER INFORMATION
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site usage and email response rates.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other individual, such as, for example, using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE OTHER INFORMATION
Since Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose it for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may use anonymous information about your visit to our Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements, when you are on other websites, about goods and services that may be of interest to you. These companies may do this by placing or recognizing a unique cookie on your browser when you are on our Site. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, visit: http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
We recognize the importance of information security, and we are constantly reviewing and enhancing our technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. The Site and our servers have security measures in place to help protect your Personal Information against accidental, loss, misuse, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration while under our control. Although "guaranteed security" does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using appropriate administrative, procedural and technical safeguards, including password controls, "firewalls," and the use of up to 256-bit encryption based on a Class 3 Digital Certificate issued by VeriSign, Inc. This allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit.
You may visit the preference center on the Site to choose how we may contact you with marketing offers. Access the preference center by clicking on "Sign Up To Receive Email Alerts From Our Resorts" on the right hand side of our home page. In addition, if you no longer wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions in each such message. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send important administrative messages to you.
If you would like to review or update the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you may do so by calling us at 1-877-822-3333, daily from 8:00 a.m. - midnight, Eastern Time.
USE OF THE SITE BY CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws of any jurisdiction other than the United States.
Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts
194 Lakeview Drive
Lakeville, PA 18438
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.