One reason summer is perfect for a vacation is because of the opportunity it presents to explore the great outdoors. There are a plethora of fun-filled activities in the Poconos that are worth trying, including ziplining, horseback riding, whitewater rafting, and much more!
7 Adventurous Poconos Activities
The team at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts has compiled a list of the seven most adventurous things to do in the Poconos this summer. Check it out below!
- Fly Above the Trees on a Zipline. What better way to take in the stunning mountain scenery than flying high above and through it all on a zipline. There are several excellent zipline tours available in the Poconos.
- Explore the Poconos Mountains. The Poconos Mountains are filled with the prettiest natural attractions. There are several ways to explore the mountains including horseback riding, hiking, and mountain biking.
- Float Down the River. The Poconos Mountain offers a range of experiences for river runners, from leisurely tubing trips to exhilarating whitewater adventures. A number of Pocono outfitters service both the Lehigh and Delaware Rivers.
- Slide Down the Mountain. Zoom down the mountain on Camelback Mountain Adventures’ Mountain Coaster or Pocono Pipeline for an energizing burst of fresh air.
- Fuel Your Need for Speed. Step into the driver’s seat of a NASCAR-style stock car and race through the turns of the “Tricky Triangle” at Pocono Raceway!
- Freefall Through the Poconos Mountains. Get the most exciting experience of all while flying through the Pocono Mountains. Enjoy views of the mountains, the Delaware Water Gap, and the New York City Skyline.
- Enjoy a Night Out at Mohegan Sun. If you get your thrills gambling instead of flying through the sky, The Mohegan Sun is for you. Place your bets at the casino or on a horse race.
Experience All Summer Has to Offer at Our Poconos Resort
The three couples-only Pocono resorts that make up Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts – Cove Haven Resort (Lakeville, PA), Paradise Stream Resort (Mount Pocono, PA) and Pocono Palace Resort (Marshalls Creek, PA) – are the Pocono Mountains’ leading hotels and romantic destination resorts. With 500 suites to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect place to rest your head after a long day of summer adventures with your loved one.
Book online or call us directly at 800-432-9932 to plan your romantic getaway today!