As we all swap our swimsuits for colorful, plaid outfits, travelers turn their attention to the highly-anticipated fall season. While we all love summer’s warmth and those relaxing days spent at the lake, there’s something magical about autumn’s vibrant colors, cozy temperatures, and seasonal beverages. Couples from across the region (most notably New York City) flock to the Pocono Mountains every autumn to partake in a wide variety of quintessential autumn activities. Autumn’s peak has a playful, seductive allure as this popular season naturally encourages romance, such as long walks, fireside snuggles, and a healthy dose of youthful, harvest season nostalgia. We’ve pieced together 15 adventurous date ideas that, as a whole, make up a handy Pocono Mountains fall bucket list.
A Handy Fall Bucket List for Couples
Whether you’re searching for autumn honeymoon ideas, classic October activities, or romantic fall getaways, this list is certain to bring out the kid in both of you. All 15 of these activities rank among our favorite things about fall here at Cove Pocono Resorts, home to the top three couples resorts in PA.
- Drink a pumpkin-spiced latte at Brodhead Brew Coffee House or Café Duet.
- Snuggle close with a bottle of wine next to a wood-burning fireplace inside one of our Champagne Tower Whirlpool suites.
- Hike to the top of Mount Minsi, home to the most beautiful overlook along the Delaware Water Gap.
- Paddle along Lake Wallenpaupack’s serene shoreline where you’ll spot vivid fall foliage, curious birdlife, and gorgeous lakeside estates.
- Enroll in a guided nature hike at any of our three Northeast Pennsylvania resorts.
- Carve a pumpkin (or a pineapple?) that you picked at the Zembrzycki Dairy Farm or Roba Family Farms.
- Pop some popcorn, snuggle underneath a warm blanket, and enjoy a Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas-themed flick inside Cove Haven Resort’s on-site movie theater.
- Sip on a pint of seasonal beer (an Oktoberfest ale, perhaps?) at Jam Room, Barley Creek, or the brand new Hopping Eagle.
- Collect leaves that have drifted from above. Every fall, the Pocono Mountains transform into a glorious mixture of amber, marigold, crimson, and kelly green.
- Visit a nearby farmers market to purchase fruit, vegetables, cider, wine, and a wide variety of other local goods. We recommend Ritter’s Farm, Pocono Farmstead, Monroe Farmers Market, and The Farmer’s Basket.
- A fall bucket list would be incomplete without a lazy drive through the Pocono Mountains countryside!
- Take the perfect selfie. Meander across our vast property near bright forestry to “snap” the perfect photo that truly captures the moment.
- Make a fall-inspired playlist on Spotify. Set an idyllic ambiance inside your lavish suite by piecing together folky, wilderness-inspired tracks from Sea Wolf, Iron & Wine, Fleet Foxes, Lord Huron, and S. Carey.
- Spend an hour in nature at dusk before slipping back inside for live entertainment.
- Stay under the covers for as long as possible.
Autumn Romance: Extended Weekend Getaways in PA
Hopefully, this Pocono Mountains fall bucket list gives you some insight as to why our particularly beautiful four-season haven ranks among the premier adult-only resorts in the nation. These 15 romantic fall date ideas were hand-selected based on customer feedback and personal experience. To learn more about Cove Pocono Resorts, please visit us online at CovePoconoResorts.com. Otherwise, book now by calling 800-432-9932.