It goes without saying (we’re going to say it anyway) that there’s no off-season for romance here at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, the “Honeymoon Capital of the World.” Pennsylvanians embrace winter with open arms, primarily because it eventually leads to snuggles and fireside relaxation with our sweethearts. If you’re having a hard time feeling cheerful about winter’s arrival, simply think about spending an extended break with your partner in the Pocono Mountains, a frosty winter wonderland worth revisiting time and time again. Thus, we crafted a 15-part winter bucket list, geared explicitly toward romantics eagerly searching for a playful, passionate escape from the city en route to Pennsylvania’s prettiest destination.
15 Ways to Embrace Winter: A Lovebird’s Winter Bucket List
Before we dive into this captivating winter bucket list, it’s worth noting that Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts is an all-inclusive, four-season haven. Packages include everything from gourmet dinners to live entertainment and magical evenings spent inside world-famous Champagne Tower Suites. Many of these winter bucket list items are complimentary activities available at one (or all) of our adult-only resorts. Enjoy!
- Lace ‘em up and go ice skating, hand in hand. You might as well reenact your favorite Hallmark Christmas movie by spilling into your partner’s strong arms.
- Go snowmobiling through the densely-thicketed, snow-packed backcountry.
- Host a two-person game night in the comfort of your tantalizing suite.
- Explore a nearby state park, such as Promised Land, Tobyhanna, or Big Pocono. Keep your eyes peeled for Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, or winter hiking possibilities.
- Chase down a frozen waterfall—perhaps Bushkill Falls?
- Build a snowman on the great lawn. Just don’t forget his eyes, nose, scarf, and hat.
- Warm-up with a spa treatment, such as a hot chocolate massage, deep-tissue tension tamer, or hydrating aromatherapy body wrap.
- Trek through the snowy countryside on a hiking (or snowshoeing) endeavor with stops at some of our favorite off-site trails.
- Sample locally-sourced spirits at a nearby distillery, such as East Stroudsburg’s Silverback Distillery.
- Embark on a self-guided craft brewery tour.
- Try snowboarding (or alpine skiing) at a nearby snow hill.
- Hop into our tanning beds and work on that winter tan.
- Soak in a seven-foot-tall Champagne Tower until you prune. Spice things up with some champagne, a bath bomb, or a well-prepared proposal?!?
- Snuggle beside a cozy, log-burning fireplace while sharing stories of the trip’s best adventures, drinking sparkling wine, and indulging in fine chocolates.
- Plan a full-fledged “digital detox,” complete with outdoor exploration, fine dining, and dry sauna relaxation.
Did we get the season wrong? Check out our summer bucket list and fall bucket list, both of which are chock-full of cute ideas. To book a well-deserved romantic escape to our couples-only destination, simply click the Book Now button (or call us directly at 800-432-9932).