We’re fast approaching spring’s much-anticipated arrival here in the Pocono Mountains, which means that it’s nearly time to dust off your hiking boots, kayak paddle, and fishing rod. The springtime is one of our busiest seasons here at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts because weary couples have been aching for an extended weekend away from messy winter traffic, hectic schedules, and chilly temperatures. Our three ultra-romantic Pennsylvania resorts offer newlyweds a wide variety of honeymoon packages, which include daily breakfast buffets, unlimited activities through our Key Around Club, gourmet dining, and eye-popping nightly entertainment. We’ve hand-selected five of our favorite things to do in the Poconos during the springtime, all of which are only steps from your Champagne Tower Whirlpool suite!
Things to Do in the Poconos
There are a seemingly endless array of things to do in the Poconos, especially during the warmer seasons. These five Poconos activities are perfect for couples looking for an afternoon of excitement, beauty, and flirtatious fun!
- Paintball – We offer free paintball at Pocono Palace Resort in East Stroudsburg, PA. All of our guests have access to this exciting team-building activity through our Key Around Club. Team up with your sweetheart and battle your way to a paintball “gold medal.”
- Pontoon boat rides – There’s something utterly relaxing about roving around Lake Wallenpaupack on a sizable deluxe pontoon at Cove Haven Resort in Lakeville, PA. Hop aboard a lazy pontoon with a group of new friends to enjoy this famous lake’s natural beauty – and don’t forget to bring an ice-cold beer or hand-crafted cocktail!
- Guided nature walks – All three of our ultra-romantic resorts have a system of serene nature trails. You can meander through the lush, blossoming wilderness by yourselves or join a guided nature walk to learn more about the Pocono Mountains’ diverse flora and fauna.
- Kayaking – There are many ways to explore Lake Wallenpaupack and Echo Lake, but nothing beats paddling around the still water on a sturdy kayak. Echo Lake is Pocono Palace Resort’s private lake, so you’ll never have to worry about bumping into groups of locals. Lake Wallenpaupack, meanwhile, is the third largest body of water in Pennsylvania, which includes 52 miles of shoreline and 5,700 acres of space.
- Fishing – Depending on which resort you choose for your upcoming romantic getaway to the Pocono Mountains, you’ll be able to throw a line into Lake Wallenpaupack, Echo Lake, or Paradise Creek. Lake Wallenpaupack is teeming with striped bass, walleye, bluegill, and several other colorful, feisty species. Paradise Creek is home a thriving trout population, while guests have hauled in massive northern pike inside Pocono Palace Resort’s Echo Lake.
Extended Weekend Getaways in PA
After each full day of exploration, relaxation, and romance, return to your Champagne Tower Whirlpool suite for some alone time before dinner, drinks, and live entertainment. We serve a wide array of gourmet dining here at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, including succulent prime rib, juicy lobster, and buttery shrimp scampi. Follow dinner with one of our mixologist’s signature cocktails and a rousing live performance from a band, comedian, magician, or dance troupe. To book a well-deserved springtime escape into the jaw-dropping Pocono Mountains, please give us a call today at 1-800-432-9932!