It takes years to learn each other’s dietary restrictions, desired destinations, idyllic mid-day activities, sleeping habits, budgetary ideals, and taboo road trip subjects. Oftentimes, these aspects may differ on vacation in comparison to real life. Believe it or not, but most people’s personalities change while traveling. Sometimes for the better; sometimes for the worse. Also, one person’s expectations may vastly differ from their partner’s vision. Thus, many couples opt to choose an all-inclusive destination where worries about fluctuating budgets, tourist traps, and mid-day lulls float away like a child’s balloon. To ensure that your first romantic escape to Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts is nothing short of flawless, we’ve pieced together 10 travel tips for couples.
10 Travel Tips for Couples: Balance, Compromise, and Romance
Whether you’ve never traveled together or you’re looking for ways to enhance your next adult-only getaway into the Pocono Mountains, these 10 travel tips for couples should provide ample balance to the trip. Traveling as a couple, much like relationships, takes compromise, patience, and honesty. And, please, do whatever you can to amplify the fun. We’ll certainly do our part!
- Plan a detailed itinerary – Planning a trip together takes several hours of research, conversation, and maneuvering. But, at the end of the day, it’s well worth it. Compromise is key here. And don’t forget to compile a list of potential backup plans in case inclement weather rolls through.
- Bring a heap of in-suite accessories – Whether a storm’s in the area or you just don’t want to leave the comfort of your suite, it’s always a good idea to bring games, music, candles, scented oils, and reading materials.
- Make a playlist for the road trip – Utilize Spotify by piecing together a lengthy playlist filled with all of your favorite road trip-esque tracks. Take turns making song selections so that there’s plenty of genre variance.
- Plan a surprise for him or her – Itineraries are key, but sometimes a surprise pit stop, gift, or activity is precisely what’s needed to spice things up a notch.
- Unplug – Turn off those smartphones. Leave the laptop at home. Focus your energy on each other.
- Try new things – Vacation is the perfect time to try as many new things as humanly possible. Learning new skills, especially when accomplished together, is incredibly invigorating and undeniably tantalizing.
- Eat healthily – It’s vital to know each other’s dietary restrictions, first and foremost. You also don’t want to feel sluggish at any point during the trip. Luckily, we offer a diverse range of eats, from juicy steaks to fresh salads and pan-fried fish.
- Stick to the budget – Make room in the budget for a couple of luxuries or pleasures. However, going off-script can lead to unexpected financial stressors.
- Take photos (but stay in the moment) – Photography plays an integral role in travel. Being able to look back on a trip and feel something is very important. However, don’t get lost behind the lens. Make time for photos, but remain grounded in the moment itself.
- Sleep in – It’s a vacation after all. No alarms needed here. Earlybirds will likely rise with the sun anyway. Don’t let technology tell you when it’s time to greet the day. Naturally, our bodies tell us when it’s appropriate to rise.
An Idyllic Couples Getaway in Pennsylvania
Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, with the help of our worldly CXOs (Chief eXcitement Officers), is here to ensure that your long-awaited couples retreat or honeymoon getaway is near perfection. We offer the complete package: renowned fantasy suites, gourmet cuisines, dozens of complimentary activities, live entertainment, and sprawling acreage. Thanks to our vast array of on-site amenities, performances, and activities, you’ll rarely have to compromise this summer or fall. Swim, paddle, sip, bicycle, skate, and tan until the sun dips below the horizon. To book directly (and save money), please give us a call today at 800-432-9932. For even more travel tips for couples, please click the links below: