Planning a picnic takes collaboration, creativity, and a tad bit of research, especially if you aim to enjoy your meal someplace new. Most couples might settle on an imaginative picnic in the park, whether that’s on a rusty table or in the prickly grass. But you’re not like most couples, are you? Here at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, we know a thing or two about romance. In fact, we’ve been facilitating playful, passionate romantic getaways since 1958. Upon arrival, ask one of our CXOs (Chief eXcitement Officers) about potential picnic date ideas, or simply read the rest of this absorbing article.
7 Picnic Date Ideas
Yes, we could probably list 100 different picnic date ideas that would all sort of blend together after a couple dozen suggestions. Thus, we crafted a mere seven unique possibilities. The ideas range from effortless to slightly adventurous. As a reminder, lunch isn’t provided here at Cove Haven, primarily because most guests prefer to explore our three Northeastern Pennsylvania resorts and the surrounding Pocono Mountains.
- A mid-lake picnic date on a rowboat. Steady, now!
- Good, old-fashioned mid-hike nourishment
- Find a nearby waterfall, and enjoy a picnic within sight of the cascades.
- Lunch around a crackling wood-burning fireplace
- Throw a blanket down on Pocono Palace Resort’s private Echo Lake beach. Picnics and people watching go hand in hand.
- Bring your basket and blanket to a nearby vineyard.
- Visit us in autumn—the most seductive picnic season.
How to Plan a Picnic Date | Lunch Options
It’s easy to forget a key item for a picnic date, even if you only plan to bring pre-packaged eats. Before we dive into the many picnic essentials, such as plates, utensils, and napkins, let’s talk potential meals. Cold sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, pasta salad, artisan bread, and kettle chips are all classics, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box this summer. How about lobster rolls, Italian pinwheels, lemon chicken wraps, or summer orzo with shrimp? Remember to utilize that handheld cooler for your mid-day adventures!
- Basket (or tote bag)
- Bottle of wine (or champagne)
- Bug repellant
- Cloth napkins
- Extra layer of clothing, such as a sweater or jacket
- Hand wipes
- Necessary utensils
- Plastic plates and/or bowls
- Small cooler filled with ice, water, and cold food
- Stem glasses
- Trash bag
- Tupperware (if applicable)
To book a long-awaited Poconos weekend getaway to uninhibited Cove Haven, please give us a call today at 1-800-432-9932. We cannot wait to see your smiling faces this summer!