If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that outdoor recreation still plays a massive role in our relationships. The mountains, rivers, lakes, and forests of Eastern Pennsylvania have never been more enticing than they are today. Luckily for couples in need of an extended weekend of memorable Pocono adventures, Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts is nestled in the lush, rolling backcountry, approximately 90 miles from Manhattan.
10 Pocono Adventures: Excitement and Seduction
Outdoor recreation often gets a bad rap. Contrary to popular belief, some of the most tantalizing Pocono adventures don’t take place in a suite, pool, or beach. Oftentimes, seduction, desire, and flirtation flourish amid Mother Nature’s warm embrace, deep in the Pocono heartland. Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, a beloved, adult-only romantic escape, proudly presents the Key Around Club. This exclusive club provides access to all three of our honeymoon resorts, including dozens of complimentary activities, curated by our CXOs (Chief eXcitement Officers). Because we boast three all-inclusive resorts in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains, you’ll never be more than a stroll, bicycle ride, or short drive from one of these 10 Pocono adventures.
- Forest bathing – OK, you’re probably wondering, “What the heck is forest bathing?” Well, this ancient Japanese art form is all about utilizing your five senses. While remaining silent, listen to nature’s call, smell the fresh flora, observe the swaying greenery, feel the mossy trees, and taste the earth’s edible delights.
- Geocaching – Join the world’s largest treasure hunt in search of another couple’s prized artifact or memory.
- Birding – At its core, birding (or “birdwatching”) is easy. However, a pair of binoculars can only amplify the experience. Birding takes patience, cunning, and a keen eye. Common birds in the area include meadowlarks, bald eagles, ladder-backed woodpeckers, and cardinals.
- Horseback riding – We have strong relationships with three nearby riding stables in Honesdale, Cresco, and Waymart. Horseback riding is equally playful, uninhibited, and invigorating. Plus, the horses are quite beautiful and majestic.
- Berry picking – A sizable, undeniably romantic blueberry farm lies near the edge of Lake Wallenpaupack, just down the road from Cove Haven Resort.
- Waterfalling – The subtle art of “waterfalling” is as tantalizing as any other outdoor activity. There’s just something magical about exploring new terrain with your partner, far from civilization’s commotion and infrastructure.
- Fishing – All three of our couples destinations are located near water, including the famous Lake Wallenpaupack. Bait, hook, and reel in a monster walleye, slippery brown trout, or feisty smallmouth bass before posing for a keepsake photo!
- Kayaking – The aforementioned Lake Wallenpaupack provides 5,700 acres of potential paddle-forward Pocono adventures. You can also kayak on Pocono Palace Resort’s private Echo Lake.
- Cycling – There’s a seemingly endless network of bike paths and cycle-friendly backcountry roads in the Pocono Mountains. We provide complimentary bike rentals to ALL guests!
- Archery – Archery is quite intimate in nature. To learn the craft, one must be taught in close quarters. Why not learn the sport together? Laughs, shrieks of joy, and, hopefully, bullseyes will ensure.
Romantic Weekend Getaways in Pennsylvania
Follow these 10 unique Pocono adventures with an evening of delectable culinary creations, live entertainment, and a bevy of hotel games inside one of our prized fantasy suites. Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts, the “Honeymoon Capital of the World,” is known for its dazzling Champagne Tower Suites. But don’t overlook the fact that our all-inclusive packages also include two meals daily, shuttle services, curated activities, and, yes, live performances. Please check back often to look over our continuously updating list of performers. We also recommend reading about the many ways we’re keeping you safe. Check out our hot deals to learn how to save money on your next couples vacation.