The natural beauty of the region includes waterfalls, lush forests, and lakeside beaches. The best way to enjoy this breathtaking nature is by strapping on your hiking boots and hitting the trails with your special someone.
5 Best Hiking Trails in the Poconos Mountains
The team at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts has compiled a list of the most essential Pocono Mountains trails to check out on your next Poconos romantic getaway. Check them out below!
- Sections of the Appalachian Trail in the Poconos can be a little strenuous for hikers, but stunning vistas along the way make it well worth it! This historic trail is a must-see when planning a Poconos hiking trip.
- The scenic Bushkill Falls is nestled in the woods of the Pocono Mountains and features a series of eight waterfalls that can be accessed from an expansive network of Bushkill Falls hiking trails.
- Following the Lehigh River, Lehigh Gorge State Park Trail features over 25 miles of picturesque scenery and some fascinating history. Witness remnants of the Upper Grand Section of the Lehigh Canal, as well as wildlife.
- With hiking trails that run for 50 miles, Promised Land State Park is sure to have a trail for everyone. Hikers can follow Bruce Lake Road to a natural glacial lake, or walk an easy loop around Conservation Island.
- The Wallenpaupack Lake Trail is a gentle, three-mile trip along the Big Lake that is popular among locals and visitors alike!
Luxury Lodging near Poconos Mountain Hiking Trails
After a day of hiking in the Pocono Mountains, return to your luxury accommodations at Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts. All three of Cove Haven’s all-inclusive Pennsylvania resorts have a seemingly endless array of on-site activities and amenities, so even on days where you’re not hiking, you will have no shortage of things to do. Book online or call us directly at 800-432-9932 to plan your romantic getaway today!